Monday, August 22, 2016

CENTURION OP DXL professional linen pads

QUICK STUDIES, INTUITIVE PAINTING or DEVELOPING PAINT QUALITY WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK!


OIL PRIMED LINEN PAINTING PADS!!
http://www.jerrysartarama.com/centurion-deluxe-oil-primed-linen-pads

WOW! I remember the old paper pads I used as a kid - these new Centurion pads are nothing like those nasty paint absorbing paper surfaces of long ago and I'll add, still available. Paint behaves and stays on the surface where it is suppose to. The Centurion linen pads are fairly new to  Jerry's product line.

Stretched canvas, especially smooth linen, is too expensive for quick studies.....any studies really. Inexpensive, paint absorbing, rough surfaces, its a bad buy. Developing fluid paint quality or intuitive wet-in-wet painting which is quickly executed...requires paint to stay on the surface! 

Well, Saturday I finally had a chance to use this amazing product and wasn't disappointed! Amazing! Yes, I very seldom use words like "amazing or awesome" because I always feel they are disingenuous, overused words....especially "awesome". However the very complete Jerry's Centurion product line is in fact "awesome" - excellent for any artist, at any level......and well priced in this world of rising high costs. So, as I've said before, "thank you Jerry's"!!

Of course if anything great and wonderful is created, the canvas sheets can be stretched or mounted on any number of available supports. I personally use gator board or smooth birch plywood some Gorilla glue and a rolling pin.....quick and easy!












The team either rubbed them out or simply made a quick change-out for a fresh start. Works for me:=)

No comments:

Post a Comment