Saturday, January 28, 2017

Exploring ideas on canvas

Yesterday I was at my studio easel early to continue on with my small  one session 12x12 exploratory paintings....my homework. My project subject, Venice, was started a few weeks ago in Swimming-in-Paint. I already know my final 2-day painting will be moody and atmospheric...my studies already tell me that.

The reference for the painting below was a very cool Eastern moon rise  taken from my studio deck a few years ago while the setting sun was still warming clouds.

CANVAS 1117 (one session)



Venetian Moon 12x12 oil on linen (1-26-17 canvas 1117)

TIME FOR ONE MORE 
(one session canvas 1118)





Venetian fog 12x12 oil on linen (1-27-17 canvas 1118)

My 12x12 warmups over, I'm now thinking about my weekend painting. The last few weeks were well worth my time because now I have have a few ideas for my final painting. I know Venice will be  suggestive and moody. I also know my canvas will be almost square at 40x44......not sure if it will be horizontal or vertical yet.

 Size comparison between a 12x12 and 40x44

(5) Warmup atmospheric paintings

Team, I'll be at Crossroads to open the doors at 9:30am. Don't forget to bring all your paintings related to our project including references and canvas. I have a few 24x24 canvases available. We have a big weekend ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment