Thursday, January 5, 2017

First post of a new year!! Hughes Wall Easel

A Happy and Successful New Year to all!! 

I took some time off from painting and blogging....to clean out the attic, only to fill it up with "new stuff". I wanted to start the new year with a clean slate that required a major home decluttering and revamping.....mission accomplished! Now my studio is so wonderful and nice, I hate to mess it up, but will soon enough:=)

I'm often asked about my studio. Construction of the easel, floor recess and skylights were done a few years ago. I just now got around to making it presentable. Check it out below!

NEW REDECORATED STUDIO
 NEW 5X10 LAMINATE INSET

FLOOR CUTOUT

 CANVAS DOWN

 CANVAS UP

DUEL NORTH/SOUTH SKYLIGHTS
 LED LIGHTING ON THE CHEAP (next project)

My wall mount easel setup with pit and open ceiling will easily accommodate a 8'x10' canvas - completely finger tip adjustable to eye level while standing or sitting - custom made by Hughes Easels.

I can say with more than (2) years of use and hundreds of paintings my Hughes easel is undoubtedly the best thought-out piece of equipment on the market. Counter balanced for ease of movement regardless of the weight......large heavy frames, a piece of cake. As big as this wall mount easel is, it takes very little room, is simple to adjust.....which makes it a no brainer.

NOTE TO SWIMMING-IN-PAINT TEAM

This Saturday will start the second year for Swimming-in-Paint and I'm very excited to get back to it. I'll be a little rusty at first and we may have a little snow to deal with but I'll be there at 9:30am to let the troops in. 

 BABY JAX'S
I wonder what this generaton will be called?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment