Saturday, July 8, 2017

Working with the sun

My mainstay is the sun. This month is all about the sun. My settings will vary. I'll begin with fast warmups like the one below and see where it goes. 

I also need some small submission works for OPA Eastern, due later this month. Perhaps some will make the grade.

 1156 Sunrise 14x18 oil on linen (7-7-17)

This month is special because we added a small RV to our tool box....... A fully self-contained mobile studio (with an awning) able to search out the morning and evening sun. How cool is that! Oddly, this little baby is actually called a "Sunseeker"..... seems appropriate to me it should do just that. Among this lot of paintings, some are sure to be plein air.... something I have not done in awhile.

HONEY NEEDS A NAME!

Swimming-in-Paint also starts a new month this morning. I'm looking forward to a fun day painting with the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment