Thursday, November 9, 2017

Binge 10

Well, something new for me. I have an idea I want to play around with. Light rings as a light sourse opposed to the sun. I'm hoping for all that jazzy neon glow I can muster up in this painting. With all that in mind, I'm using an existing 48x40 giclee to try it out before wasting a fresh canvas on it. Also the ring idea has to be adapted to fit the perspective or view angle seen in this particular painting. Problem solving at its best! 

DAY 1
DAY 2
 It looks like eyes and quirky fish mouth

DAY 3

Moving the Koi forward of the back ring and changing the colour to cream really paid off. Changing the interlocking circles to separate entities....perhaps.

DAY 4
Hoops 48x40 mixed media on full gallery wrap (11-8-17 canvas 1185)

This turned out to be a fun problem solving exercise....  I was able to stay within the bounties of the painting using a giclee. It made it easier to contain the idea without a major repaint always looming around.

I guess the real question here is, can I incorporate it into my more abstract bent I'm working on?

Time to move on to binge 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment