Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Grey days, doom and gloom

Yesterday it rained so hard during SIP it made me grouchy enough to wipe out a demo! Well, truth of the matter it was doomed from the start....after awhile you just know. Some days are like that and rain doesn't help.....grey days doom and gloom! 

Enough whining...and oh yea lost (2) keys off my key ring????  (found later later in my bag). We've all been there....


SUNDAY WIPE-OUT!

Today it's still raining so there you have it! Yet all is not lost....I have google search to entertain myself:=)

DOODLES


I doodle, and when I do, it's always along this line. I love developing rhythms with lines and shapes.... Doodling or painting actually. Not sure I ever did doodles with colour other than a gold pen as a fill detail..... Things you do when bored, lately lost deep in the mind and time. Then it recently resurfaced in a big way and I get it!



Eden's origins are clearly influenced by the Art Nouveau movement - never cared for the furniture but loved the composition and line of the period. And, I always thought Deco was my big thing and it is, because it led in real time to mid-century Modern.... The exact opposite of the French Sun King! My first attraction, the Rococo Period. How time fly's and how past artisan's influence our future and thinking is amazing. We artists are lucky today, we have it all at our fingertips with a few simple search words.


Sargent must have drooled over this little morsel because he successfully applied his own spin on the full length Rococo portrait and he did it over and over again.

Where is this all leading.........wish I knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment