Friday, March 23, 2018

A nice week to paint

Monday I started a 44x48 canvas about young ballet dancers called "Precious White". It seemed large compared to my recent binge on 24x24s.
 
MONDAY & TUESDAY



Thank goodness for studio lights - not much natural light today... only a grey day and lots of rain! That meant some last minute BRIGHT yellow was needed! 

WEDNESDAY

Wednesday under diminished light, a spot exposed a sympathetic yellow ring that might be a useful design feature.


THURSDAY & FRIDAY
"Precious White" 44x48 oil on gallery wrap (3-23-18 canvas 1228)



"Precious White" has a touch of Moon Gold - also, my first pure white background. I had no clear idea where this was going until Wednesday when I saw that yellow halo framing a central figure.. Then it just all came together.

No comments:

Post a Comment