Saturday, March 31, 2018

I wish I had something to say

But I don't. I am kinda interested in playing around more with my halo idea used on "Precious White". I also like solid backgrounds in the Koi paintings below.

 
This one above hangs over my desk as a daily reminder why I liked this painting.... everything. Wish they were all like that. At that moment it was my best because it accomplished a personal goal! These are favorite works that make me happy. Sometimes they show up together like twins or triplets. Personal benchmark paintings resulting of a challenging learning curve. The good old fashion "raising the bar" to improve skills thing, not a result of lady luck!

Darn! Lady luck sounds like something a Vegas gambler might say..... I suppose an artist and a gambler are similar in that regard.... with one caveat, in both cases experience relies more on skill than chance!
 .

Another in my personal collection escaped once for a good cause and returned as I hoped it would. The refrigerator will have to be empty before it leaves again! However it is available as a Giclee..lol

Andy Warhol had a great quote about making art.
 "Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if its good or bad. Whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." Andy Warhol

No comments:

Post a Comment