Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Before and after

Six years ago this month I was hot on the trail of the Ballet. I believe at the time Black Swan was a popular DVD release.... good but dark movie. Anyway, a rather large failed painting came out of it. The sketch below was used as my starting point .


BEFORE

EXPELLED SWANS!
Expelled 56x46 oil on linen (4-19-12)


The other day I stumbled on it again with fresh eyes...... I remember wanting evil eyes, and after several missed attempts it was packed away and forgotten. Well, with fresh eyes... forget her eyes, her head was awkwardly positioned, oversized and too damn long!! It deserved to be locked away!

AFTER

Her shoulders and head were completely repainted. The male figure was highlighted a bit to match. I can't says she's evil but I like her better.
 .
Resurrection 56x46 oil on linen (4-6-18 canvas 1233)
(original 4-19-18 canvas 650)
.
FRAMED

 DETAILS


 .
This is one of those times a crystal ball would be nice to gaze into "Resurrections"  future......

No comments:

Post a Comment