Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Canvas1354, Captured Light

My newest video on U-Tube “Captured Light" was started late in the day as a demo during Swimming-in-paint a week ago Sunday. Because it was margarita time, I did sign off on it! However, the next morning I saw a few things that really did need attention. Enough to go back into the painting. Normally something I would not do because one session paintings are special in the moment expressions brought to a conclusion quickly. So, to my surprise it cascaded into a few more days beyond my original 15-minute time frame. 

The video includes a synced palette and voice. These two features actually took many unpublished videos and a great deal of time learning how! Another of those video learning curves, and a few more plugins and pieces from Amazon.  Fingers crossed, hoping behind me so I can get back to making art.  

BEFORE 


The  Red circles areas were my problem areas I wanted to resolve.... lol quickly!

AFTER

Captured Light 24x20 oil on linen (9-22-20 canvas 1354) 
 
 THE VIDEO

A video of your process is also a wonderful personal critique tool I discovered doing this project. I get to see my missteps and areas I can improve on.... like over cooking a painting! 

Someday someone will adopt this painting and have a copy of the video to enjoy knowing how it was created.... How cool is that?

SIPSwimming-in-Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment