Friday, November 23, 2012

Looking for my next project

My fall season has been busy with back to back openings, soiree and the like - more juried exhibits to paint for than one can count. I'll only enter two for the 2013 season; OPA National and Greenhouse Salon International out of Texas. So, I have to start now - I'm guessing this will be my next project. That means lots of fresh new square paintings in my immediate future (30x30's max for Greenhouse and 34x34s max for OPA). OPA is important because I only need one more national show to apply for signature status...one of my original goals. Greenhouse because this is a gallery I'm interested in and their juried exhibit it a good way to get through the front door. I've exhibited there several times in the past to earn a few peer credits. However now I look at them differently, because as a painter, my work has matured and I think it's time to retest the water. That is, if I get anything worthwhile to enter...:=)

Of course I'll paint for the maximum wall space and exposure allowable. The snakes fill every square inch with my competition.......and hang frame to frame which I despise! 
  
 A NEW PAINTING

#754 Morning Grazing 30x30 oil on linen (11-19-12) 

SOLD PAINTINGS
     
 
#641 Matador 44x40 oil on linen 
Congratulations to Richard Stravitz Fine Art Gallery, Va. Beach
 
#724 Sunrise 8x10 oil on linen
Congratulations to Crossroads Art Center, Richmond, Va.

Later..

No comments:

Post a Comment