Sunday, November 25, 2012

WOAS - Vegas

Aside from painting for a couple juried events I have one last event for this year and that's the World of Art Show in Vegas. A big deal for me because it's a new sandbox to explore and my first major road show. It will be at the Wynn - nice digs too. I have a 10x20 space to fill which means crating and shipping many of my larger works across country...a new wrinkle to my art game. I'm looking forward to it because Vegas is familiar ground...hopefully I'll get to see some old friends too.

Doing this show will be a serious learning curve; cross country shipping, marketing material, and perhaps most important, making the right choices for an unknown market.  This one is wide open to a global audience. Can I hold my ground and sell?...I wounder what the Vegas odds would be on that.....LOL

I've already made my main selections along with a healthy group of 8x10s I can stack vertically in groups of 3 or 4. These will add some separation and structure to space left by my larger paintings. I look at these as samples of my brushwork and range as an artist. 

In my Crossroads gallery I actually have a 10x20 alcove so I know what my WOAS space will be like (below) The grey blue area is 10x20. (left wall is 8' but right is 10') You can see in the photos how structured and effective a stack or double stack of 8x10s framed alike can be. Looking at it here I might take the red ottoman too..:=)

CROSSROADS 11-16-12 OPENING 

The gallery is all set up; only waiting for the food and music to arrive for the art centers bi-monthly art festivities taking place later in the evening. Photographer Rebecca D'Angelo will cover the opening so I'll have more photos to share a bit later.





My double stacked of 8x10s adds a wonderful design element to the flow on this side of the gallery


 A NEW PAINTING

#756 Koi & Sun Drenched Lily Pads 30x30 oil on linen (11-25-12)
  
A SOLD PAINTING

#615 Venetian Gods 36x36 oil on linen
Congratulations - LeGrand Fine Art, Richmond, Va.

Later..  

1 comment: