Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A redheaded beach toddler

Sunday: I decided to pick up my brushes and do some honest work for a change. There's a group show next month about water. I picked this little redheaded toddler and his mom playing in the sand as an add-on to my beach collection. After awhile you collect a few themed paintings like this that if put together tell a story. Have to look at that when I get a chance. 

9:15am time to start - this, like the last few will be a 20x20 linen canvas.

END OF DAY
968-1
 968-1 Redhead detail

Mom pretty much took the whole day and some parts turned out to be a challenge and a half !  I was tired by the time I got to the little redhead and really had to push to finish the transition outline edges on both.

Monday: I'm ready to go a second round with a fresh eye - and today the painting is dry thanks to mixing in Griffin alkyd white with my normal oils.

8:32am time to paint!

END OF DAY & COMPLETED PAINTING

968 REDHEAD & BEACH PLASTIC 20x20 oil on linen (7-20-15)

I pulled another one of three kids playing in the surf when looking for this one - in this case the little redhead was hard to beat. There's still time for the three amigos.....might try that between getting ready for the group show.

Three Amigos - girls in pink

REDHEAD is already available as a Giclee on Fine Art America  and my website under "Available Paintings".


No comments:

Post a Comment