Thursday, May 10, 2018

In Bloom!

No longer buds but peony blooms to paint! I do this every Spring without fail, perhaps in honor of mother-in-law because these were her pride and joy.




My new drying shelf holds a wet peony warmup study. One of the things I like about warmup's, there is no expectation except pushing paint mindlessly.

I didn't have quite enough time or peony's to fill the vase so I have a few iris peeking through.

1st DAY SETUP

2nd DAY MORE PEONY'S

CANVAS 1250-1 (32x32)
(Setup under warm spot)
 1250-1 Canvas 32x32 oil on linen


RED-LINE

Not sure about the Iris flowers or at least how they were rendered. This is where my day starts off.


DE-CLUTTERED

TO MY SURPRISE
 1250-2 Canvas 32x32 oil on linen (5-8-18)


Need to sleep on this - I know the leaves need some work - pot bothers me a bit too - but there's something else I have an itch to do......

A YELLOW LINE
 Vera's Pink 32x32 oil on linen (5-9-18 canvas 1250)

Great to be a decorator when it comes to some of this stuff! What was needed here was a balance or transition piece (a good old decorator pillow) between the flowers and a much more suggestive rendered white/yellow base.

PERHAPS SOME DRAMA NEXT

The next to bloom will be the white peony's. This could be a nice opportunity to play with white on white.

No comments:

Post a Comment