Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Sunday afternoon in the Sun

 UPPER SHIRLEY VINEYARD
(Rice Rivers Center VCU fund raiser)




Something not done in a long time, spent the day outdoors painting! "Sunshine" (RV) will probably be happy to know that. The Upper Shirley Vineyard is 30 minutes away on the James River and is a seriously wonderful place to visit. I drifted towards a horse pasture with a sea of buttercups as my perch.

 THE VIEW

THE SETUP!

No question about it! This is a lot of clutter to lug around, however it turned out to be a comfortable setup. One tripod for my canvas (up to 30") and a separate one for my paint box and....... a Bose speaker hooked up to Pandora via my phone.
 



A 16x20 centurion double oil primed linen pad with binder clips holds it in place. I carry a 12x12 plastic pattern with me as a standard. Blue tape makes a clean presentation when removed. Stretch and frame or store flat.

 Buttercups 12x12 oil on linen (4-30-18 canvas 1248)


The first one was removed, clipped to a foam panel, taped at the bottom.  That worked well too!

OUR HOST




A PARTING GIFT

A full golden peach moon..

No comments:

Post a Comment