Thursday, May 24, 2018

Can you cram anymore in it!

My last summer project canvas failed by wife, Brenda's only comment "Can you cram anymore in it" :=) After that I couldn't even find a favorite detail worth sharing! I even turned it around not to look at it! Laughably a lousy painting....... perhaps my all time worst canvas, on and on!!!

"Couples" 48x44 oil on linen (5-22-18 canvas 1254)

That was yesterday, got it out of my system by writing a (deleted) temper tantrum, perhaps a bit too harsh today. My thought today, if I couldn't warmup to the whole, decluttering and refocusing with selective cropping could salvage it.   

SIMPLIFICATION

 ONE
"Outing" 48x22 oil on linen (canvas 1254a cut 5-22-18)

TWO
"Encounter" 12x24 oil on linen (canvas 1254-b cut 5-22-18)

Well, maybe, maybe not. In the larger plan an important goal was accomplish..... it solidified an important design element, how my Mer creature backs will look by merging hair to dorsal fins. It's also clear the project narrative will avoid  traditional folklore  associated with mermaids and humans but be without humans.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is beautiful! Each painting is more amazing then the last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a fun project, hope you enjoy following the process. Chuck

      Delete