Monday, February 11, 2013

A Weeks Worth of Painting

The last week saw (3) paintings completed...mostly it was a good painting week.

#776 Virginia Beach Stroll 48x44 oil on linen (1-28-13)
Gallery painting 


#777 Jenni Study 20x20 oil on linen (1-29-13) 2-hour study 

First Serious move on the Portrait project - Below is a 3-day portrait - on the second day I scrapped the face off..oops! Likeness is starting to get important!

At the end of 2nd day....face scrapped!


Detail

#778  CEO Jenni Kirby - "People You Know" series 24x30 oil on linen (2-2-13)  

It was worth the extra time repainting the face, sorting out the problems then setting it aside or worse yet moving on to something else with unresolved issues still at hand. I call this a good work session and a prelude to the next one!

 SOME GOOD NEWS!

One of my (3)  Salon International 2013 submissions was accepted by Greenhouse Galleries in San Antonio, TX. I didn't go with my surfing paintings (my only matched set - good for the awards judge wrong for the gallery) wrong part of the country - long horns and horses would fair much better but I didn't have any of those either except my beach ponies. As you can see they didn't fair well either.....LOL won't do that again! 

ACCEPTED!

#595 Venice View to Dogona 16x16 oil on linen (9-19-11)

Beach Ponies Didn't Make it!



Perfect for the beach gallery tho! However Brenda says the Venice painting won't win any awards....I think she has a point!

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment