Monday, November 18, 2013

Canvas #866 - Golden Koi

One of my favorite colours is yellow and I'm in the mood for it. All we've had lately is rain and grey day skies.  Also some new 44x40 frames arrived. I want to see how paintings will look in them so I'll use a 44x40 canvas with Koi as my subject.

Stage 1
Stage 2
stage 3

SOME DETAIL SOLUTIONS 
 
Top Koi looks like he lost part of his tail
 1st move - merging water and Koi to the left

2nd move - additional movement
Nice solution - the added movement is leading the eye left, connecting up with my red lily pads
My golden Koi also needs a bit of movement at the tail highlights - they look lonely

Delicate brushwork connects my (2) small yellow highlights, again equates to movement

Closeup showing delicate brushwork - Time to sign it!

FRAME TEST


COMPLETED PAINTING

#866 Golden Koi and Red Lily Pads 44x40 oil on linen (11-1-13)

 FAVORITE KOI DETAIL



FAVORITE KOI



Finally presented at Crossroads November opening

SOLD!

678 London Fog 24x24  oil on linen (6-27-12)

Congratulations LeGrand Fine Art!!

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment