Thursday, November 26, 2015

One Thousand what does that mean?

Pondering canvas 1000 is giving me a headache, like a commission might. I'm not in the mood for a grand canvas as I supposed it should be......but then I haven't really started yet. Right now, a good one session painting would make me happy enough. Yet, I know nothing is certain until the first piece of paint hits the canvas.

The next canvas could mark my last or the beginning of a new phase....perhaps a better way to think about it. Benchmarks are weighted towards reflection on the past than the future... I certainly don't want another 1000 like the last. It would be like tasting the same meal over and over again. Not to mention the storage requirements and more numbers.

I also think if this was not one of those special numbers the next painting would be just that, the next painting with a number. All this made me wonder what others thought about one thousand.

So I Googled it, and since I understand images better than words I found myself in images.

MONEY - Everyone gets this one
 IN A SIMPLE FORM
THOUSAND MILES + = POUNDING STIMULATION
AN ARCHITECT & 1000 MUSEUM MIAMI ADDRESS
A PICTURE = A 1000 WORDS
ON THE CHEAP PENNY STACKS
HUMOR

Might be fun to summarize these Google images down to a few meaningful words other than Websters lame definition only a bean counter would get off on. 

Art costs big money, project our aspirations, a certain simplicity with pounding force, good structure and design executed on the cheap with a bit of humor thrown in......works for me:=)


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment