Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Self Portrait - canvas 1000

The tasty turkey is gone, the weather is not all that inviting........I'm bored with nature video streaming and looking at a few David Leffel videos. I even went back into canvas 999, a serious stinker with improvements in mind to no avail, it's still a stinker! The only thing to do there is move on!

Boldbrush is a few days off and canvas 1000 to think about. 

CANVAS 1000
Seventy Four 16x16 oil on linen (11-27-15)

So the deed was done in under four hours, it was a fun project and very fast. What I like most about this canvas is how it works at 30 feet in diminished light.  

Watching Leffel Thanksgiving day I picked up something that worked remarkably well. He works top down, as I do. However it didn't occur to me if you do, proportions fall right into place and are easily adjusted as you go. I don't think he talks about it.  His "Master paints Master" video shows this very clearly. This video is different from his others because it is not an instructional video. He simply paints with his full attention on his subject....no explanations or silly questions from the peanut gallery. 

I forgot Boldbrush! Shut the computer down, turned off the lights, got in bed and then........ I can't believe I actually got up and did it!! Something new and something old made the first page lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment