Wednesday, August 2, 2017

A Drone??

Here it is, a sunny Tuesday morning, a brand new month..........my question to myself, what will it bring?

A large raw white canvas is on the easel....actually been there for a few days now. I know it needs attention, but I know there is nothing I really want to paint...... I can see Sunshine from my studio, she is parked in her spot, ready to go....well, almost. We took her for a run last week, loaded my equipment just in case something got my attention. A little early on that one tho. But it was an enlightening trip, nothing like "doing" to find out the ins and outs of something. 

 FIRST RV TRIP
ZOOLAND RV PARK, Asheboro, North Carolina 

Zooland was a nice park to hang out in, but isolated without a car. The park is family friendly with plenty of space to roam around in, I would go back again or hope to find many more like it. We left early, but should have stayed awhile and gotten use to it..... We have a punch list that needs to be worked on before the next trip! I couldn't get the TV to work! Yikes! We had it on our phones but......not the best solution.

 First night in an RV......oh my!

A nice river to paint and a small picturesque fishing pond



DOG FRIENDLY

 Riley really liked the doggy playground, it was very nice indeed 

A SUN TO PAINT

Our basic Sunshine plan is follow the sun with her for awhile. I need a refresher course outside the studio.......not to mention, I need new stuff to paint! I really like the idea of doing a few art fairs in between...... more equipment to lug around. We will see. Unquestionably it could be fun and entertaining.

What I discovered with Sunshine is, as small and easy to handle as she is, compared to most RV's out there.... there are limitations to getting around. You almost certainly need a small tow vehicle of some sort to explore with. Or, perhaps an artist needs a GoPro camera drone more, yes,  a drone......think about it, a GoPro could save a lot of time, get shots and angles totally unavailable otherwise. Certainly more fun than another logical choice like a simple bike, unless it was powered....not even then.


More than a drone.
Capture amazingly smooth footage in the air with a camera. More equipment, but I'll make the room for this very, very cool gadget. They have an excellent video worth watching!


I think short term home bases for Sunshine in a park like Zooland is the easy part. There is no shortage out there. Sunshine will easily fill its new role as a mobile studio with some tweaking, more equipment, a drone and a little more RV experience. 

Great word, experience! Hard to short cut it!

No comments:

Post a Comment