Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Lost in space - Vegetating on the 4th



Nothing much to report on my new online representation at Bitcoin Gallery. The gallery assembled a diverse collection of  talent that works well together. Like the tubes of colour below, there is potential.........


It looks like my summer project is "lost in space", if not lost, certainly paused. Outside distractions unmercifully crushed June's artistic energy. The only two paintings of June suffered a bit because of it.

THE END OF PART ONE
"Untitled" 48x44 oil on linen (6-23-18 canvas 1259)

A project series by itself can loose momentum and die - unlike a solo painting, a series is not quite as easy to move on from. So if the project is to continue it needs a second chapter, a reinvention or another approach. My way is to clear the room of all previous work, vegetate and start over.

The first part of the Mer series produced 11 canvases, (previous posts) some about learning, others were larger conceptual paintings, ideas with mixed results, especially the last two canvases. I viewed this as a conclusion.

MY FAVORITE
"Under Crashing Waves" 40x36 oil on linen (5-28-18 canvas 1255)

I always like when my easel is empty as it is now. The toys are back in place. My palette is ready to move on to the next great idea. That is, whenever creative brilliance decides to show-up! In the meantime my vegetation state is a mighty good option until lighting strikes!


No comments:

Post a Comment