Friday, May 5, 2023

My eCommerce project hit a ROCK !!

 


I thought my eCommerce store would be ready to go live midweek but! the big but! Not sure if will be this week either.   

WIX needs an AI assistant to guide you through the process. All the reasons for going with WIX in the first place. However, lacking!

At this point I have been waiting for my domain to be transferred for almost a week.  I thought normal 48 hours was too long. I secured it through Domain.com, which has a 60-day non-transfer policy in place.... Who knew? 

Sadly, some things cannot happen until it does transfer and goes live. The only solution aside from waiting was to cancel the premium platform to stop the transfer. This out took about 4.5 hours to sort out.  DONE!  

The site is still there in the free version. My domain is in JAIL for another 52 days. 

Now what! Currently about 60 hours in (conservatively). I am convinced to sell our art online - we need an eCommerce platform with all the bells an whistles. Not a gallery exhibit site! WIX and Shopify are masters in the arena. WIX does have a free domain with the Premium plan I could activate quickly. The name would change a bit to do it. We'll see....

Not a simple do it yourself project. Perhaps the 14-day free trial is the time required to success or failure. Because I was getting close. Every day at some point I wanted to jump ship.... Hit that damn DELETE BUTTON! Then I would solve a problem. An artist should have no issue with the process because it’s all about solving problems. 

Today's problem was the domain!

No comments:

Post a Comment