Monday, October 22, 2012

Mondays 3nd Life model

This session we had a good model in my son Chis, he has definable features - especially at a distance. Unfortunately I forgot my camera so I have no photos to share

  #740 Full figure (2) 20-minute sets 10x8 (10-15-12)

 #741 Head study (4) 20-minute sets 14x11 oil on linen (10-15-12) 

I changed positions and really moved way back for this one perhaps 30 feet or more - it was raining so the natural light was almost non existent but the light on our model was more dramatic and it removed unwanted details. My main objective is about light and shadow and capturing my colour impressions. If I got that part right it should capture a fair likeness too. What I like about this one, I captured the natural daylight as well as the warm spot place high over his right side. 

LOL....his mother is right, he does look older so maybe in 10 years this will look like him.
 
Our next model is Lorelle, a stunning young woman with movie star presence.  

No comments:

Post a Comment