Thursday, October 11, 2012

Painting from a model

Monday was a nice break, I attended a life model session at Crossroads. It's an every week thing put together to explore the clothed human figure.  Crossroads has a wonderful space to do it in too. I missed the first two sessions but got to it Monday. 

I caught a lucky break because we had a good model...not all are. Often a bit to pretty without strong paintable features. But, Alan our model......he had some character...a reason to spend time painting him. He clearly has some stories barely visible but none the less there. I don't know much about our model, I believe he's retired, not bad looking, tall, glasses and graying hair and some facial hair - he even had a striking contrasting outfit that worked! 


#733 Alan 2-hour head study14x11 oil on linen (10-1-12)

Full pose

#734 Alan 30-minute study 10x8 oil on linen (10-1-12) 

My favorite of the two and it was actually why I was there, to paint a full figure...not a head shot.


SOLD!

Alan purchased the head study #733...:=)

 
#640 Virginia Beach 56x48 oil on linen (3-1-12) Sold by Richard Stravitz Fine Art Gallery in Virginia Beach

This was one of those paintings made exclusively for Stravitz and their beach clients - I guess it worked....I guess they need a replacement too!


No comments:

Post a Comment