Friday, October 19, 2012

Not much going on

Not totally true, but it feels like it...maybe it's the election that has diverted our attention these days - even the galleries seem quiet.

Monday I went to my 2nd life model session.....tough model - she was very striking and should have been easy.

2nd Life Model 

 View from my location

Not wanting to get mired down in unwanted detail I was actually quite a distance from our model.

#736 Full figure  study (2) 20-minute sets 10x8 oil on linen (10-8-12)

Close up

#737 Head study (4) 20-minute sets 14x11 oil on linen (10-8-12)

I overworked her face - it makes her look much too old and severe...I had the time to fix it but decided since my colours, light and shadows were not bad to sign off on this one. I definitely have some work ahead of me

Originally I only wanted the full figure but now think I'll keep doing a head study too. If I use the same format going forward I can get both done in 3 hours.  

Our next model will be my son Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment