Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sunday morning

I'm sitting here thinking about what to paint next. Yesterday I finished a 36x36 Koi & Lily #746 - the second one in this rotation. Also one was sold yesterday at an annual fund raiser.....I'm pretty pleased about that because the proceeds go to ChildSavers, one of my favorite causes in Richmond. They have a dedicated staff and do a wonderful job helping children placed in harms way and this will help. All-in-all a good Saturday....:=)  


 #692 Koi & Lily Pads 44x40 oil on linen - SOLD

Everyone here is all excited waiting for our new party host hurricane Sandy to arrive....except me - don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a party. Brenda, my wife and my son Chris went out yesterday and purchased (2) coolers in anticipation of our celebrating a no-power week - living in Richmond we get to celebrate a lot....last time it lasted (8) days. I especially enjoyed that one! In fact we enjoyed it so much we gave our gracious host a gift, our boat the Ivory Falcon. So forgive me for wanting to avoid the party and just paint....Perhaps I'll get to enjoy both as I did last time.....see, I knew there was a silver lining somewhere - not many parties I could do that at.  I think Richmond needs a new welcome slogan "Welcome to Richmond, buy a generator

OUR HOSTESS GIFT TO IRENE 2011

 Ivory Falcon (formally Hostess 11) Grounded just before the storm hit
 With Tow line at high tide or was it high tide? 

 Not looking good - pilot abandons ship
 Last view 





No comments:

Post a Comment