Sunday, June 30, 2013

A weeks worth of paint and canvas

Riley and I just got back from plein air painting in Pennsylvania's "Bucks County" - a very picturesque part of our country; cool at night, hot and humid during the day. Bucks county is spread out so I spent more time driving than painting. I wish I had spent more time with my camera than trying to paint because access was difficult at best....very narrow roads with little or no pull-off places to actually paint. 

POINT PLEASANT COMMUNITY PARK



834 Point Pleasant Bridge 8x10 oil on linen (6-24-13)

DELAWARE RIVER CANAL LOCK AT LUMBERVILLE




835 Delaware River from Lumberville 8x10 oil on linen (6-24-13)

PAXTON HILL FARMS (NURSERY)






836 Paxton Hill Farm 20x20 oil on linen (6-25-13)

DOYLESTOWN (Main and State)




837 The County Theater 16x16 oil on linen (6-26-13)

 RICH TIMMONS GALLERY




 839 Timmons Gallery 8x10 oil on linen (6-27-13)

Given the amount of time spent in Bucks county, I didn't produce many paintings. My favorite place was Paxton Hill Farm because they had Peacocks, my all time favorite bird. I was planning to return Friday and Saturday and spend the rest of my time focused on these elegant creatures....however the heat and humidity got to me and I left early Friday. 

SOME SNAPS








 BACK IN THE STUDIO

I'm a happy camper back in my studio with some good references to paint and climate control. I left all the plein air  paintings with the gallery to be sold or donated for auction to benefit "Access Services" of Bucks/Montgomery county; the main reason myself and (7) other artists were there to paint. Known as "Artists painting for a cause" (I believe it's the first year)

MY FIRST PEACOCK PAINTING  


 839-1 Paxton Hill Peacock (progress) 15x30 oil on linen (6-29-13)

839 Paxton Hill Peacock 15x30 oil on linen (6-30-13)

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment