Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A weeks worth of paint and canvas

Last week I left off with a new fascination, Peacocks....god knows where that will go. The challenge will be capturing the iridescent luminosity in paint associated with these creatures. This week I'm not looking for a challenge. This week I'm hoping for a seriously quiet week; in fact, many in a row would be most welcome. 

Monday, contractor Greg installed my Hughes easel. Now I can settle in and do what I do best..Paint!

 INSTALLATION PHOTOS OF WALL MOUNT HUGHES EASEL







This easel is better than advertised....very easy to install and smooth as silk operation. Guess what? I can reach the top of a 6' canvas sitting down at eye level......or the bottom. 

Many thanks to Don, owner of Hughes easels for thoughtfully designing and building these wonderful contraptions...:=)))

I started with a 20x20 sun study from a series of sunrise photos caught on the Delaware River while searching for a parking place, to painting plein air in Bucks County last week....Lots of morning fog to play against the sun.



 I wanted to break this shot down a bit so I lighten it in Photoshop curves. Much closer to what I was seeing 
(close to top photo)

COMPLETED PAINTINGS

840 Delaware River study at Center Bridge 20x20 oil on linen (7-2-13)

Enough plein air, enough small paintings! I need to get back in the big game and put my new easel through its paces. It's been a while so I needed a practice piece and a "I don't want to think about it much subject"......like Koi. I used a grid system and a complicated reference to keep it more to shapes and colour. I wanted to sharpen my focus and attention to detail....a warm up painting. 


  841 Koi and Lotus 60x48 oil on linen (7-8-13)

PROGRESS PHOTOS

(12) 16X15 Grids






End of 1st session

 
End of 2nd session



  End of 3nd session





 End of 4th session 
(Clean up on 5th session)

DETAILS







SOLD!

  798 Venice - Venetian Gold 8x10 oil on linen (3-5-13)

Congrats Bill Ryan @ Weiler Fine Art Gallery, Fort Worth, TX.
 799 Venice - Lagoon Passing 8x10 oil on linen (3-5-13)

 Congrats Rich Timmons Fine Art Gallery, Doylestown, PA.

Later.....

1 comment: