Monday, March 31, 2014

Migration - Day Two

I came down with a flu bug a few days ago but being male decided to ignore it! Luckily it wasn't a bad painting day, about 5 hours, my typical day, only I started earlier than normal. It was dark and rainy all day so exterior light was useless. As it turned out, good, because colour matching was easier with my connecting panel, plus my palette is still fresh in my mind.

895-2 Migration - panel 1 & 2 of 3

There are many advantages of  big paintings. They allow room to move along faster than normal. Shapes form easier too. As you can see I'm almost down to my far horizon. The painting is open enough, so I can still move around my trees and enhance my fog effect at will.

Detail showing my painting plan for tomorrow.

My red lines give me a basic starting point in the morning and my painting goal for the day. The foreground clump of trees is an unknown commodity right now....how much and how focused will it be or need to be? Time will tell.........I just know it needs to be there because its a very important scale marker if I want to engage my viewer with a feel of being there....the closer I make these trees the better.

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment