Thursday, June 5, 2014

Closing out canvas 900

I couldn't leave #900 alone and ended up messing with it most of the following day.  My Neo Megilp helped restore some of the energy lost on day three, my biggest concern with this canvas. The balance of white to yellow is also better..........progress
DAY 4
900 Trafalgar Fountain 60x48 oil on linen (6-2-14)
BEFORE (day 3)
900-3
With 900 out of my mind I'm ready to move on a fresh canvas #901. Canvas #901 will be 72x 66 and along the same lines as #899 and #900 because at this point I'm not close to what I want.....it's been a bit testy staying on track and not falling backwards....as I seem to be continuing to do.

The only thing I need now is a spring-point, a basic concept or subject and #901 will be off and running! I'm staying away from non-objective abstraction or graphic design for now. That would be too extreme and a departure from my natural bent.

Later.........

No comments:

Post a Comment