Monday, June 22, 2015

About to see it on the walls!

My long term dividend plan covers (3) working fronts.
  • Licensing - publishing company's 
  • Global broad market - Fine Art America 
  • Gallery quality giclee for those special paintings.
The basic building blocks are in place except the last one where I see it on the walls! I'm through the proof stages and tomorrow my first (9) full size giclee's arrive from the printer. Next week I hope to have them hanging on my gallery walls. The plan is to mix original works with canvas prints as a single exhibit with the expectation of broadening my affordability without resorting to small works as my only option. I'm not totally sure this is a gallery option tho. I think most would rather sell originals. However, from a designers standpoint, a challenging project to make it visually work for any market. . My kinda thing with some presentation and style..:=)

I'm after visual quality without canvas embellishment for this particular group of reproductions. If it looks good on the walls it will mark the beginning of  THE PRIVATE COLLECTION.... my own special after market design project. 

THE PRIVATE COLLECTION will be the same size, high quality reproductions on canvas as the originals and presented equally. They won't be displayed in typical bargain bins or behind mats. They will be framed, on the walls and available framed (or not) in different sizes on special order.

My Richmond Gallery is the testing pot....not looking too bad so far.

 A FEW WORK-IN-PROCESS  PHOTOS




My canvas prints went beyond my expectations..... not shiny or cheap looking. The canvas surface marries well to the reproduction.....perhaps my biggest concern. Aside from some minor colour adjusting I have a product...:=) Those big crisp100mb plus tiff files were worth every cent. I just hope my own photo-merge files hold up as well......

In frames on the walls they look good.....you have to look very close, 6 to 12 inches close, and then it's still a hard call. In other words, there is nothing contrived to make the mind say NO........

Every painting shown is available in print. Some of these are the originals. So that part worked well together.

STRETCHED AND FRAMED




All three are canvas prints

This is a small sampling of the canvas print line of available works. How to get that across and have visible inventory in the same setting is the next challenge. No question there's a lot of work left but the concept is shaping up nicely.

The retailer has the responsibility to show how a product is intended to be used first and foremost...... canvas prints stacked in endless bins are less appealing and about price. However, if  also seen on a wall framed, then those bins become about selection and personal preference.  Just have to figure out how to do both and do it in this space!



No comments:

Post a Comment