Tuesday, March 15, 2016

My Sunday Golden Hour

Sunday I had a paint date at my Crossroads Sunday studio from 12:00 to 3:00. I get 3 to 4 hours to pull off a suitable work or take it home and finish it and get it back on a wall. All the painting from this series will only be on display and for sale in my gallery space at Crossroads.

COMPLETED SUNDAY PAINTING
 The Golden hour 15x30 oil on linen (3-13-16 canvas 1028)

Worked out well if I don't say so myself! I love how ideas progress. A series title theme developed called '"The Golden Hour". I'll apply it to one of my subjects each Sunday. The sun will play a large part of each work. I would like to thank those who showed up and kept me company - for me it was a fun way of spending a Sunday afternoon chatting about making art with like minded friends:=)

In the meantime Crossroads is getting ready for the bi-monthly art opening Friday night. Too much fun in this place - but the work always gets done on time! 

 Jenni, Crossroads owner with a budding creative Davaun
Window dressing
Hanging a new Giclee  "Irish Gold" - just in time for St. Patrick's Day!

Yesterday I went in for left eye Vitrectomy surgery that might leave me with my first black eye since stealing my first girlfriend in high school (sucker punch of course:=).  If it works as expected there will be a happy camper able to see clearly without some semi transparent junk floating. On the other hand I could become a one eye painter with a pirate patch. So, I could be out of commission for awhile.

Either way I'll be doing a live demo Friday night at Crossroads in my gallery....mmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment