Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Sunday "in the Studio"

Sunday there was a nice group watching the process - me, I think I was the one having all the fun painting fresh cut peonies from the back garden. Hands down, peonies are my favorite flowers to paint.  As much as I like the flowers I don't like painting peony leaves!

Sadly for peony lovers, peonies are seasonal and difficult to get otherwise - so I don't get the opportunity to paint them from life very often.

I almost ran out of time with this one - at the end they where sweeping me out the back door and turning the lights out behind me to make sure I got the message!

Experience also told me this would be a serious challenge to get it done in the time allowed but the paint gods were shinning down on me  Sunday:=)

 Thank you, Susan Lang for taking this in-process photo!

COMPLETED CANVAS
Peonies 30x30 oil on linen (5-22-16 canvas 1041)

This was the last Sunday "in the studio" at Crossroads for the season. We had such a great response to the Sunday demo, Jenni and I decided to do a summer session in Class Room 1 with a twist. The audience.........if they are so inclined can sling a little paint and get messy with me. The first "paint sling" will be June 4th from 10:00am to about 1:00pm 

More information to follow on Paint Sling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment