Saturday, May 21, 2016

Rambling through Dallas toll roads

Yes, Texas does everything big including toll roads - Dallas has toll roads everywhere!!

After 6 or 7 years in this game I finally got to see  my first OPA juried exhibition first hand. Albeit a fast overnight visit, it was well worth the time traveling to Dallas for OPA's 25th National Exhibit of Traditional Oils opening night celebrations. This year it was held at the spacious 17,000 square foot Southwest Gallery. No question it was highly anticipated because the exhibition drew a "packed" shoulder to shoulder crowd. Their enthusiasm was confirmed with red dots springing up here and there as the night advanced. No wonder with some of Americas best representational artists on the planets work surrounding you at every turn. The quality of work was truly outstanding.... it was exciting to see and I was honored to be part of it with my submission "On a Clear Day".

 On a Clear Day 56x48 oil on linen

By the end of it I was worn out and missed the awards ceremony afterwards. It was being held at another location, where the OPA convention was held.

Earlier that day I visited  Weiler House Fine Art Gallery in Fort Worth where I met gallery owner Bill Ryan for the first time. His gallery has represented me in Texas for some time now so our visit was long over due .The gallery is in a very cool historical home. Bill was also at the OPA opening later that night where I was introduced to his longtime artist friend Joyce Pike, OPA Master.

A FEW OPA OPENING NIGHT PHOTOS


 





Before leaving Dallas, I went back the next morning to get a better look without the crowd:=)  


No comments:

Post a Comment