Friday, December 15, 2017

A few changes, canvas 1187

My plan was to salvage "Red & Violet" by merging it into a new work. The 60x72 canvas was smooth with little to no brush texture otherwise I wouldn't bother. I decided at the last minute to coat it with Gamblin's white oil base ground. Nice product, however it is taking forever to dry. So if I wanted some easel time my only option was a little snack before the main event!


I was studying my last canvas (below) everyday this week. Finally yesterday morning I messed with it a bit in Photoshop, mostly removing things, like Koi.

PHOTOSHOP MAGIC,  CANVAS 1187

Top right Koi removed

I rather like all the possibilities Photoshop exposed (above). Time to put it to the test on the easel.

COMPLETED PAINTING  1187
Blue Mist 46x54 oil on linen (12-14-17 canvas 1187)

In the final version I decided to leave the two dominate Koi because they helped with my spacial effect.

The big re-coated canvas is dry and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment