Friday, April 7, 2023

OMG, where have I been??

MIA too long!

This old blog started out about an old guy, me and a new 15-year career plan to become a serious professional artist. March 17th of this year marked the last year of the plan....

My 15-year plan was designed to shortcut the whole startup process down to a few years using benchmark trigger points to move forward. For me it worked, and a few others I know followed my footsteps in SIP (swimming-in-paint) boot camp. Interesting comparison, boot camp. SIP was basically a boot camp setup with the help of CAC (Crossroads Art Center) to pass on what I learned jump starting my own career. The object was to show artists how to become financially viable artists in their own way. There is much more to it than learning how to make a good painting. Learning how to paint is a small part of what you really need to make it a worthwhile career choice financially. What I learned from the SIP experience is a whole other story line that developed about halfway into my original plan.  An unexpected pleasure!!  

So, back to me, at the beginning of the year I decided to spend the last year in the Abstraction sandbox! My reasoning is solid, if pedestrian thinking is a child can make an abstract as a senior, I should be able to crush it! Let’s face it, abstraction is a completely different sandbox from representational art. I’m up for the challenge. 

 WOW  !!


Later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment