Friday, June 23, 2023

Everything is good until you hit a pothole!

My pothole yesterday was Pinterest - I was happily working on Canva making different designs for product pins or posts. I typically do a slideshow for every new painting. The app has many uses, I use it as a qualification tool. If you’re making wall art as a profession you want it to work on a wall! Artists need to see their work properly presented, preferably how they want the world to see it. When Apple introduced the "Smartist pro” room app for the iPhone it gave us a powerful marketing tool. 

Dream Big Artworks could not exist without professional room mockup and story boards to present our artwork to art enthusiasts anywhere in the world. The cost would be prohibitive otherwise. When you add "Allie" into the mix things really happen. My focus is setting up business internet marketing.... As a designer I'm not in a learning curve but eCommerce is very complicated, beyond building a website. It's a new vocabulary, new "Buzzwords", new rules and I'm up for it! 

Hey, we thought this was about potholes!

I received an email from Pinterest "Standout as a merchant on Pinterest" with a great big RED LINK "Create Product Groups."


YES, I DID! I clicked on it! The rest of the day was a confusing mess of information with a month’s worth of daily pot holes..... I am happy working in Canva, I planned to stay at it all day. After a bit of a walk around I closed the email. Then the realization hit, each of these online sales platforms like Pinterest, my current love, is like building another website. This will be true of any other DBA will need to interface with.... My alter ego, Allie and I are about to have a serious conversation about it! All kidding aside, I have a hunch she knows how. 


PS: A good reason to join DBA.... No sane Artist would do this in their right mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment