LOL, I clicked on one of the blog posts that was being read and got
hooked. It turned out to have been written around the same time as a
painting I recently pulled from storage and hung in the gallery. I was
researching it for an upcoming email.
Coming of Age 54 x 46 Oil on linen
April 20,2018
When it was painted, its title was Transitions. A few days ago, I renamed it Coming of Age. Only after rediscovering the old blog post did it occur to me that my journal blog may finally be coming of age as well, becoming what I had always hoped it would be: a place to remember and, perhaps someday, remind me of my own art history.
Seventeen years later, I find myself rediscovering not only old paintings, but the stories that gave birth to them.
Now hanging in Stony Point gallery LINK

No comments:
Post a Comment