Sunday, September 9, 2012

Finally a completed painting

It took a bit longer than expected with more than one crash and burn but it's finished and signed! The only chore left is varnishing and framing. 

I'm still not sure if this is the final title but I am sure it will be part of the Progressions Sun series - 683 being stage one as the sun is rising reflecting on the waters surface.

COMPLETED PAINTING


 683 Reflections and Koi - Stage One  60x192 oil on linen (9-7-12)


 Panel 1 of 4


 Panel 2 of 4


 Panel 3 of 4


Panel 4 of 4


This coming week will be spent changing out the gallery wall colours to better harmonize with my paintings. Plus a very long boring 26' wall will be broken up into (3) separate displays using a new10' wall projected out about 12" at the center line. It will reduce the number of paintings but those paintings will have more presence, which I think is a good trade off.



You can see how the paintings line up like soldiers - none really commanding attention. I also have a bit of necessary function to hide so my new 10' feature wall will do that and still give access. 

No comments:

Post a Comment