Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Time Is My Own Again!

The last three weeks proved to be a bit more than I bargained for but worth every minute spent. I haven't picked up a paintbrush much less thought about painting during the whole time. My new gallery space is finished and hung. The LeGrand soiree was a blast. We were all in good company and no one does it better than Sue, the owner of LeGrand Fine Arts.   

Yesterday, I spent the whole day ordering supplies, stretching canvas, decluttering my studio and running errands. During the last three weeks I even resorted to using my daily task list again.......mmmmm

The Fall season for an artist seems to be packed full so I guess we have to use the other months to get ready. Nuts! I thought I left that behind when I stopped painting for juried shows....guess not!

Now that I'm entering back into the painting mode at least I don't have to worry about what I'll paint, I already know. My new gallery at Crossroads has (8) wall spaces to paint for by the next opening on November 16th. So that means if I want a fresh exhibit I have (52) days to paint (8) major paintings. That gives me about 6.5 days per painting - looking at it that way it's not too bad. However one of those will be another 62x192 (4) panel painting for the 20 foot wall and I'm guessing it will eat up about half my time. So today I'll do a 24x24 warm up because I'm bound to be rusty and don't want to think about it much.  I know the next few days will be filled with interruptions. On top of that I have an AAC ad deadline tomorrow,  plus a small writeup to do because they also included me in one of their features, "Small Works and Miniatures" - LOL...kinda funny when you think about it for someone who pushes hard for "larger is better".....well it is!! What can I say:=))

SOLD 

 #671 Free Spirits 44x40 oil on linen  (6-18-12) sold by LeGrand Fine Arts

 #312 Evening Walk 20x24 oil on linen panel - sold by Richard Stravitz Fine Art Galleries

It's amazingly weird how related these two paintings are; 312 was done in early part of 2010, well before I started painting large. I was more focused on execution and subject matter and less on size. As a result these are well executed paintings. Many are now used as references for my larger paintings because I want the same quality. Knowing that, I've been trying to keep these paintings by holding them back, but every once in a while I lose one, like here.  Now here's the really weird part....#671 was painted to replace it. But, we needed it here so I never took it to Stravitz.


This is the only photo I have of the painting in my gallery. The staff was setting up for the opening night festivities. The following day it was transferred to LeGrand for the Soiree where it sold.

Remember the 8x10 Progression sunrise series and the set of 5-stages? I was going to share it's marketing history with you - I'll give you an update tomorrow...:=)


No comments:

Post a Comment