Friday, January 11, 2013

1st Painting of 2013!

It took 5 days and a lot of interruptions but the 1st painting of this year is done! 

Or was it! I realized when I got to the end of my post....I was missing something....:=)

 #764 Gossip! 30x30 oil on linen (1-6-13)

 Black & White Conversion

I rather like using the black and white conversion to check it out.....typically I study a painting in diminishing light. If it reads well in dim light then I'm a happy camper. I find it interesting how the horizon gets lost in black and white - very close in value - I guess the camera can't pick it up.

NUTS!! One thing I have picked up tho - I need something to balance my colt and add weight  to the right side. Perhaps just a suggestion of another colt catching a nap in the sand. Perhaps a new title too...."Gossip and Naps"

 #764 Gossip & Naps 30x30 oil on linen (1-11-13)
 Detail of my little napper
 

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment