Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Change of Possition

As an artist my structural foundation is in place. Most of those early 2009 goals are behind me. The question I've been asking myself lately....What's next? 

I never thought much beyond the point of establishing a value for my paintings Trust Collection....Actually, I thought it would take years to do it, not the few years that it did. So "whats next" is a valid question!  

Clearly I could continue on doing exactly the same thing...painting for my Art Trust and Galleries wanting my work - a comfortable status-quo position  But, like I keep saying, this thing has a natural flow to it and eventually the next move is obvious.

Strangely, something I dismissed as no longer important, became hugely important again but for different reasons and important if I want entrance into the next sandbox......peer credits! The difference is "Serious Prestigious Peer Credits" as in BIG awards....All I ever cared about was getting juried in, it was enough to accomplish my main 2009 goals.

The next thing that comes into focus is "prestigious" academic training......out for me - so this could be a serious challenge.....here, the odds are stacked against me because it's not an option! 

In truth, I don't know if I really want to enter the next sandbox, because I got a good look at it during the WOAS event in Vegas. I even wrote a venting blog about it, not my intention and later choosing to delete it as unproductive......in my view it was the most Elitist thing I've been involved in. It made me sad and I even painted a "Muddy Sad Day Painting" as my last painting of 2012. This could have easily marked the end of the voyage for me and art....but inadvertently with that move and painting I closed the book on it, deciding to start fresh!

If I want a seat at the table, I have to find a way to make it work! One might say it's a design problem looking for a way to be resolved....since I'm not dead I'll work on it a bit:=)

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment