Thursday, January 17, 2013

A few more days to enter?

Enter what you say? Of course Greenhouses International 2013 Salon due this Friday....also Crossroads opening night - lots to do over the next few days....a much needed frame order is arriving on my doorstep this afternoon. One of those has to be assembled....not difficult but it takes some time. Tomorrow will be spent reorganizing my Crossroads gallery for Friday's festivities. 

If I want to get juried in I need to get my (3) choices in order....preferably today. The maximum size allowed is 30x30...a good size for me. Whatever I put in, and if chosen, will tie the paintings up for at least four months. The honorable Daniel Greene is the awards judge - nice awards package and this year I also have the Texas gallery Weiler House of Fine Art now representing me in Fort Worth,Texas.

This will be good exposure and I won't be totally unknown in the great state of Texas anymore....perhaps well worth the entry fee of $95, shipping and related costs of attending opening night. Perhaps even a national ad is in order....Greenhouse will also have some group ads I can participate in or I can do a separate ad.

LOL...quickly doing the math it's costly to be in the art game. 

Today it's only $95 and no guarantee I'll get in anyway.....not much front end exposure other than the fee and putting a hold on (3) paintings for a month (hard part)....added note...Greenhouse also requires fresh, never before shown works.....it narrows my options to perhaps these three.




SOME SOLD PAINTINGS

 #729 Progressions Sunrise Oil on linen

 #681 James Sunset from Belle Isle 24x24 oik on linen

 #746 Koi & Lily Pads 36x36 oil on linen

Congratulations Crossroads Art Center!!!
 
Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment