Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goodbye 2012

I'm glad to see it go.....it was a roller coaster year full of highs and lows....distractions from my main purpose, painting, building a body of work; a collection of paintings to be placed in a trust for the benefit of my children. Instead, my focus was split - I've been busy building value and marketing...also important. But, today is a new year, a fresh start, full of possibilities....perhaps just in time!

LAST PAINTING 2012

 #763 Carnival 44x40 oil on linen (12-31-12)

Black and white conversion

#763 was my last 2012 painting, yesterday, I didn't want to carry 2012 over so it's Alla Prima. But, I know after studying it in different light, the left-side fronds need work....my black & white also tells me so. This is a lot of painting for the 8 or 9 hours it took.....perhaps worth a few more to make it a better painting.

REWORKED 2013

#763 Venetian Ornaments 44x40 oil on linen (1-1-13)

Black and white conversion

Problem solved - the main focus is on the figures - I think a more appropriate title is "Venetian Ornaments"


Happy New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment