Sunday, April 28, 2013

A weeks worth of Paint and canvas

The painting Gods where shining on me this week. My week was a bit over the top with two large canvases to my credit and one sold painting.....I also started using my palette knife again. 

l do like the combination of brush and knife. Especially what happens to my surface texture when the paint is knocked down a bit. The knife is also a little more efficient getting paint on these large canvases. Plus I like to use it to remove areas that get fussy by scraping the area a bit, opening up the paintings possibilities again.....no question a useful tool. 
 
1st Painting of the week 

 #812 Summer Swans 72x60 oil on linen (4-23-13)
2nd Painting 

 
 #813 Summer Koi 66x60 oil on linen (4-26-13)

  My favorite detail

SOLD

#800 Matador 48x44 oil on linen (3-9-13)
  
 Congratulations Richard Stravitz Fine Art Gallery!!


Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment