Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A weeks worth of paint and canvas

I took a few days off to recover from all my running around the last few weeks and think about my next painting adventure. I wasn't totally lazy, I did stretched some canvas and ordered more supplies from Jerry's. Bigger stretchers are in order these days....

This week was spent on one single statement piece, a 60x48 reverse version of the Student. The Student was a smaller 30x30 painted for the last OPA juried show....it didn't work for OPA but it did for me. I used the painting as a full page ad in American Art Collector which resulted in a new gallery connection, a sale, and the opportunity to do this painting.

#810-2a End of 2nd day 60x48 oil on linen (4-10-13)

#810-3a End of 3rd day 60x48 oil on linen (4-11-13) 

#810-4a Frame test - end of 4th day oil on line (4-12-13)
#810 The Student Recital 60x48 oil on linen (4-13-13)

  Detail

I find dark paintings difficult to photograph. My final 5th day shot is in full sun. The blue for example is very saturated under intense sunlight or my studio LED lighting. But, under normal lighting it's actually much softer and perhaps a bit ethereal in feel....more like the detail. However it does tell you the background has colour and is not simply dark brown. Next week it will be varnished  before shipping to the gallery.......if I'm lucky, a new and better photo too.


SOLD PAINTINGS

#545 Belle Isle Quarry  16x16 oil on linen (6-20-11)

Congratulations to Richard Stravitz Fine Art Galleries! 
#553 Orange and Blue Koi 6x6  oil on linen (7-8-11)
#554 Blue and White Koi 6x6 oil on linen (7-8-11)

Congratulations to Rich Timmons Fine Art Gallery!

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment