Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A weeks worth of paint and canvas

Last week I logged a few thousand miles driving and very little on painting because of two back to back artist receptions. The 1st was a four person show at the Rich Timmons Gallery in Doylestown, PA. in Bucks County. The 2nd, a solo show at the Richard Stravitz Fine Art Gallery in Virginia Beach.

My (2) painting week started with #808. Its a downstream view from under River Road Bridge looking East towards the Delaware River. Originally I thought the structure was a covered bridge but after some research and Google satellite I discovered it's a 210 foot long aqueduct carrying the Delaware Canal over the Tohickon Creek at Point Pleasant, PA. and aptly called "Tohickon Creek Aqueduct". The aqueduct dates to1832 and was out of commission until restored in 2001.

My  photo was very dark as I was shooting directly into the overcast morning sun so I lighten it in Photoshop
Final reference enhanced a bit to show more detail


 #808 Dawn in Bucks County  24x30 oil on linen (4-3-13)

My 2nd painting #809 was a study of the opposite view which I took the liberty of adding a sunset - reminds me of my James river.

 
Western upstream view
 
#809 Sunset study - Bucks County 8x10 oil on linen (4-3-13)

SOLD PAINTINGS

#322 Afternoon Delight 16x20 oil on linen (4-12-10)

#323 Against the Wind 16x20 oil on linen (4-15-10)

#742 Dawn Passage 48x56 oil on linen (10-19-12)

  Congratulations Richard Stravitz Fine Art Gallery!!!

I'm looking forward to next week when my full attention is back on painting

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment