Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A weeks worth of paint and canvas - Canvas 862

My week started with another version of a previously 24x24 Koi painting #662. This is actually one of my favorite paintings. The captured light added to the paintings transparent qualities of feeling wet, a quality I would like capturing again. So here goes, I'll use a 30x36 canvas, the 5th in the series.

REFERENCE FOR CANVAS #862 

Reference #662 Koi and Lily Pads 24x24 oil on linen (6-21-12)
Set up
Progress
Progress

Side-by-side
Frame Test
862 Koi and Lilies 30x36 oil on linen (10-24-13)

Not on target but I'm happy enough with my results....maybe next time:=)

SOME DETAILS




Off to a change of scenery, VPAP (Virginia Plein Air Painters) last paintout of the year.....I missed the rest of the season so this is my last chance; attend or get booted.
  
Later....




No comments:

Post a Comment