Thursday, October 10, 2013

A weeks worth of paint and canavas - It's great to be back at my easel again!

First up was a request for a smaller version of a recently sold painting, Morning Matadors shown below....love a challenge! In the flesh this painting had something special about it...can it be captured again, I doubt it, but it might be fun trying. This was also a painting many people wanted but in different sizes...never had that happen before.

#819 Morning Matadors 40x44 oil on linen (6-2-13)

#856 Morning Matadors 30x30 oil on linen (10-4-13)

I like the painting, it's not quite the same because in the end I wanted a more dynamic sun effect which raised the key and expressiveness more than the original. 

Yesterday I had the opportunity to compare it to the original, and as suspected there is a softness to the original my smaller version lacks but not to it's detriment. However, on comparison I do think it was the atmospheric softness that made the original so special......may do another version.

Perhaps a new subject!
I visited Balboa Park in San Diego last week, what a treat! A stellar day, clear blue skies, perfect California weather. Balboa has a Koi and lily pond I wanted to visit. I always enjoy good architecture, fountains and this park abounds with it. Balboa is also adjacent to the San Diego Zoo so there's plenty to do. I got into the pond reflections and took lots of photos. The sun was in a good spot; the reflections at 10:00 in the morning were as good as you could hope to ever capture.
    
#857 Balboa Reflections 24x24 oil on linen (10-4-13)

A new art lover in the making

Welcome Leonardo! Congratulations to new parents Jayson and Christina!

SOLD!

  #840 Delaware River at Center Bridge 20x20 oil on linen (7-2-13)

#844 A Day at the Beach 20x20 oil on linen (7-16-13)

 Congratulations Richard Stravitz Fine Art Gallery!!


Later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment